Marisa Coulter's dæmon had the form of a golden monkey.
Like his human, Marisa Coulter's dæmon was often cruel and spiteful. He reflected the true nature of Coulter's personality: beautiful but evil. He rarely spoke. He appeared to have a particular dislike for Pantalaimon.
He was hateful, and often had the direct oposite personality of Mrs Coulter.
Behind the scenes
- Pullman couldn't think of a name that would suit Marisa Coulter's dæmon.
- In the BBC radio adaptation of the trilogy, Marisa Coulter's dæmon is given the name Ozymandias. This name was not approved by Philip Pullman.
- The film adaptation presents his form as a golden lion tamarin, but his species is never specified in the trilogy, instead described simply as a golden monkey
- Northern Lights
- The Golden Compass (film)
- The Golden Compass (video game)
- The Subtle Knife
- The Amber Spyglass